Dr. Stewart Silling received S.B. degrees from MIT in Physics and Nuclear Engineering (1977) M.Eng. from UC Berkeley in Nuclear Engineering (1981) and a Ph.D. from Caltech in Applied Mechanics (1986).
His experience includes:
- Staff member at the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Engineerat Science Applications International Corp(SAIC)
- Assistant Professor at Brown University
- Visiting faculty member at Caltech
- Visiting Scholar at The Boeing Company.
Dr. Silling is currently a Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
His current areas of research interest include solid mechanics, computational methods, and fractured fragmentation. He is the recipient of Belytschko Medal (2015) awarded by United Association for Computational Mechanica (USACM).